A dental emergency can include fractured, broken, or lost teeth. If you have experienced a broken or fractured tooth, consider the following steps:
• Rinse your mouth with warm water
• Apply a cold compress to minimize swelling
• Contact your dentist
Here are the steps to care for a lost tooth:
• Retrieve the tooth, but avoid holding it by the root
• Rinse the root with water without scrubbing it or damaging attached tissue
• Attempt to place the tooth back in the socket, if this is not possible, place it in a container of milk or water
• Contact your dentist immediately
Tooth pain may be signs of an infection or tooth decay. This can lead to more severe problems later on, it is important to visit your dentist as soon as possible under these conditions.
In case of an Emergency: Call us at (650) 342-9941 for immediate assistance!